HOW TO CHECK YOUR TYRES
- Fit the correct tyres.
- Tyres must be in good condition.
- Tyre pressures must be correctly maintained using an accurate tyre pressure gauge.
- Do not overload.
- Check your tyres regularly for any signs of damage and remove from the tread any potential penetrations such as trapped stones. Drive the combination at reasonable (‘comfortable’) speeds – within the speed limits.
- Rapid manoeuvres must be avoided, e.g. sudden overtaking or lane changing. Good driving practice, with or without a trailer, includes intelligent anticipation of such moves.
- Respect the car and trailer manufacturer’s recommendations at all times.